Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday continued & Holiday party #1 of the season!

Hi All -
Hope you're all having a great weekend! Ben and I worked on cleaning and picking up the house a bit today. Ben is an amazing person when it comes to picking up and organizing! Our living room looks amazing now, thanks to him.

I had lunch around 2:30 this afternoon. I used our oh so useful toaster oven to make an amazing sandwich! I toasted a whole wheat English muffin, and then melted one slice of reduced fat American cheese on the muffin after toasting it a bit. I then added some of the tuna from yesterday, spinach and a bit of mustard. YUM!


For some reason I put some kettle baked potato chips onto my lunch plate. They were super and made lunch great!

Soon after lunch, Ben and I left for Salem. We spent about an hour and a half walking around the historic district of the town which was soo beautiful. I just loved the historic homes in this town!

Later in the evening we went to our friends Laurie and Trent's home for a holiday party. We listened to very interesting holiday music - has anyone heard of Johnny Bowtie?? Wow - if you ever find a holiday music CD with Johnny Bowtie on it - pick it up and you'll be in for a treat. It's sort of "bad" holiday music - but seriously entertaining!

Laurie and Trent put together a great party!

My plate of goodies includes a handful of kettle corn, sliced apples and pumpkin dip (awesome Laurie!) dark chocolate covered pretzels, a couple of tortilla chips, and a cinnamon graham cracker. I later went back for a helping of an amazing artichoke dip made by my friend Jenny. I cannot believe I forgot to take a picture of it... it was fantastic!

For dinner we had an amazing salad, homemade macaroni & cheese, and a turkey casserole. I tried a bit of all of these, along with a piece of sour dough bread. I did not quite finish the turkey casserole, but I went back for seconds of the salad because it was amazing. Yum.


A little while later we all went back for dessert! Here is what my plate looked like - wow!

The Trader Joe's peppermint cookie was incredible! The chocolate disaster on the top of the plate was a great chocolate cake - I'm not sure what I did when I cut it and put it on my plate! I was trying to make my piece a small sliver - and I succeeded - but made a mess as well! The piece of dessert on the right side was apple cake which was also fantastic! The brownie in the middle might have been good - but I was not able to eat it. I made the brownies, so at least I got to try all of the other dessert options. We actually had to take home a few of the brownies after the party - so maybe I will eat one tomorrow!

Here is a great picture of Ben and his new friend Benny (Laurie and Trent's cute dog!) They got along famously!


Right now we are finally home, from a sort of long day. I am enjoying a mug of tangerine orange zinger tea!


Tomorrow they are calling for snow... our first snow of the season and I'm sort of excited. I love snow on the weekends - when I do not have anything to do and when I do not have to go to work!

Ok, my bloggies - I'm off to bed soon. Have a great night everyone!

No comments: