Saturday, December 6, 2008

A belated TGIF!

Hi Everyone -

Well, I'm almost always happy when it is Friday - but this week I am especially celebrating! I cannot wait for the weekend!! Tonight I am planning a trip to the gym to get a little more running in this week. I have packed my bag, and brought it into the office with me today so that my clothes and shoes won't get super cold out in the car today!

So, for a foodie re-cap of the day:


Last night I did not think ahead to pre-set the coffee maker, so when I finally got out of bed this morning I had to make the coffee and wait for it to brew. Bleh. Oh well, it worked out. I took my shower and when I was done the coffee pot was full of hot coffee. Yum! I love our Cuisinart coffee maker. I have had it for a few years, and it is a dream. It has a water filter in it as well - which I think is pretty cool. It's like an internal Brita for your coffee maker! I just have the original Cuisinart coffee maker - because when I was in the market for a new one, I had heard not so good things about the grind and brew model. I am very glad that I went ahead and bought the original model!

Hypothetically you are supposed to eat breakfast within the first half hour of waking up. This is sort of a signal to your body that you are ingesting calories and that you are not depriving your body of fuel. I guess that your body could go into "starvation mode" if you do not have breakfast, and thus your body will not start burning calories. The sooner you eat breakfast, the sooner your bod will start burning calories! I am certainly not an expert on this subject - but it is what I have read recently.

So, this morning I woke up at 7AM and did not actually consume breakfast until 9AM. As I was eating my whole wheat English muffin with a tablespoon of Teddy Peanut Butter, I got to thinking about the fact that I had been up for two hours before consuming anything substantial.

I don't really know what to say about this. But it is something I am going to work on - and I will get back to you.


Having breakfast so late worked out for me because I was not hungry until lunch time at 12:30. I had a lovely looking banana at my desk, just in case I needed a mid morning snack. Hopefully I will get around to eating it for my afternoon snack before my run.

At 11:55 Katherine and I set off for our walk. We walked for half an hour. Today was such a better day for our lunchtime walk! It was sunny and the wind was a lot calmer. We were not walking directly into the wind like we were yesterday. The water was so beautiful - it is a picturesque day out!

Two of my colleagues and I ate lunch at 12:30 this afternoon. Here is what I had:

I actually took the time this morning to make a tuna sandwich and to make my carrot sticks - which I was so happy about at lunch! I put spinach on the sandwich, and really enjoyed the carrot sticks. They really are so much better than baby carrots. I do not know why - but baby carrots always taste sweet to me. Carrot sticks are the real thing - and what I grew up on, since we did not have baby carrots when I was bringing a lunch to school as a kid.

I also enjoyed a bag of kettle baked potato chips. Wow, these were amazing. The flavor was rosemary and olive oil and they were divine!


Unfortunately, after the carrots, chips, spinach, and small tuna sandwich, I was still hungry! When I got back to my desk I enjoyed another clementine and a piece of Dove dark chocolate - and more water!



At around 4 o'clock I needed my pre-work out snack. I had a honey graham Zbar. It really hit the spot.



I left work around 5:30 and was at the gym by 6pm. I ran a really easy 2 1/2 miles and then did a quick arm workout with the weights. I was at the gym for an hour. After the gym, I walked down the street from our house to Newtonville Pizza and ordered a cheese pizza for dinner. It was so nice to relax on Friday night and realize that I had survived the week and I had a lovely weekend ahead!

Unfortunately, I was too exhausted and out of it as I had dinner to remember to take a picture. I had two pieces of cheese pizza - and I put our Trader Joe's red pepper flakes and garlic powder on the pizza which made it perfect! So yummy. When Ben got home from his happy hour, he had a pizza for dinner as well. We relaxed for the rest of the night and watched one of our favorite holiday movies, Home For the Holidays. Unfortunately, I fell asleep in the last twenty minutes or so of the movie, and then slept on the couch for an hour. Thankfully Ben woke me up at 11 to get me to go to bed.

I did not get to posting this blog last night (Friday) so I'm posting today (Saturday morning!) - happy weekend everyone!

No comments: